Monday, August 20, 2012

The First Day of Kindergarten 2012 was PUUURRRFECT!

Hello new kinder parents!  I passed out a business card today with the link to this blog so I thought I would use my first offical post of the new year to tell you a little about the blog and let you know how the first day of school went for your little kinders! 

I have set up this blog for parents and family members to have a peek into our classroom.  I post about fun things we do from time to time and post pictures of your little kinders "at work".  I will be sending home a permission slip in the near future for you to sign granting me permission to post your child's picture.  If you would not like me to post your child's picture, that is okay too.  I hope you find this fun to read.  Since many parents work, it can serve as a window into our classroom. 

Today was your child's very first day of kindergarten and boy did we have an amazing day!  We read a book called, "Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes"!  In the story, Pete visits all the places he will go in his new school (i.e. the library, the P.E. room, the music room, the cafeteria).  At the end of the story, we found a note from Pete that told us he was at our school visiting.  We went on a scavenger hunt trying to find him but never could!  But, we had fun anyways visiting all the fun places at our new school.  I hope your little ones tell you all about it!
   

1 comment: